C
chosen_people
Guest
I Have Come Across Obstensibly Catholic Internet Sites That Refer To Two Recent Popes, Both Of Whom Were Highly Respected By Non Catholics, As “anti Popes”. Can Someone Give Me An Explanation.?
Sure, they seem to be Catholic but are not. They are probably dissatisfied with some teachings. Perhaps one of the many anti Vatican 2 groups. There are many sites which claim to be Catholic but are not. If they are teaching something contrary to the official Catholic Church, they are not Catholic, they are “protesting”.I Have Come Across Obstensibly Catholic Internet Sites That Refer To Two Recent Popes, Both Of Whom Were Highly Respected By Non Catholics, As “anti Popes”. Can Someone Give Me An Explanation.?
yep… I get the same feeling…Sure, they seem to be Catholic but are not. They are probably dissatisfied with some teachings. Perhaps one of the many anti Vatican 2 groups. There are many sites which claim to be Catholic but are not. If they are teaching something contrary to the official Catholic Church, they are not Catholic, they are “protesting”.
These are schismatic groups who have various consipracy theories as to why the recent popes were not elected validly.I Have Come Across Obstensibly Catholic Internet Sites That Refer To Two Recent Popes, Both Of Whom Were Highly Respected By Non Catholics, As “anti Popes”. Can Someone Give Me An Explanation.?
This is known as sedevacantism.I Have Come Across Obstensibly Catholic Internet Sites That Refer To Two Recent Popes, Both Of Whom Were Highly Respected By Non Catholics, As “anti Popes”. Can Someone Give Me An Explanation.?
I UNDERSTAND THAT ANY DISCUSSION OF SEDEVACATISM IS AGAINST FORUM RULES.This is known as sedevacantism.