Antiphon for Liturgy of the Hours

• Thread starter Thread starter viktor_aleksndr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

viktor_aleksndr

Can anybody help me to look for antiphons for the Litrugy of the hours for the feast day of St. Francis of Assisi. Im looking for something that is specific for St. Francis.

Morning Prayer:
Francis left this earth a poor and lowly man; he enters heaven rich in God’s favor, greeted with songs of rejoicing.

Evening Prayer:
God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ; for I bear the marks of Jesus on my body.

Although a require memorial, Francis doesn’t get more then that from the regular liturgy. Franciscan groups may have extra antiphons they throw in.

Josh

40.png
threej_lc:
Morning Prayer:
Francis left this earth a poor and lowly man; he enters heaven rich in God’s favor, greeted with songs of rejoicing.

Evening Prayer:
God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ; for I bear the marks of Jesus on my body.

Although a require memorial, Francis doesn’t get more then that from the regular liturgy. Franciscan groups may have extra antiphons they throw in.

Josh
Thanks i can use that in 1st psalms.

viktor aleksndr:
Can anybody help me to look for antiphons for the Litrugy of the hours for the feast day of St. Francis of Assisi. Im looking for something that is specific for St. Francis.
If, as a Franciscan, you celebrate the feast of Our Holy Father, Francis of Assisi, Deacon, Founder of the Three Orders with greater solemnity, you can use these:

Evening Prayer I
Ant. 1
Francis a thoroughly Catholic and apostolic man was sent to prepare the way for the Gospel of Peace.
Psalm 111

Ant. 2 During his life time he supported the house of God and in his days he strengthened the temple.
Psalm 147:12-20

Ant. 3 Lead forth my soul from prison; the just wait for me until you reward me.
Psalm 142

Canticle of Mary By his complete submission to his Creator Francis gained command over creatures and made use of them to praise the Creator.

Invitatory
Come, Let us adore Christ the King who exalts the humble.

Office of Readings
Ant. 1
God led me to forget my father’s house, and made me flourish in the land of my poverty.
Psalm 1

Ant. 2 He considered the reproach of the cross of Christ greater riches than the treasures of the world.
Psalm 8

Ant. 3 I have died to the world and my life is hidden with Christ.
Psalm 16

Morning Prayer
Ant. 1
He was found just and perfect and in the time of wrath was made a reconciliation.
Psalms on cnticle from Sunday Week I, 707*

Ant. 2 God’s praise was ever on his lips; he called upon the stars, spirits, birds and all creation to praise the Creator.

Ant. 3 The Lord raised up the lowly one and exalted him to the ends of the earth.

Canticle of Zechariah I have joyfully shared Christ’s sufferings and now I rejoice exultantly when his glory is revealed.

Daytime Prayer
On weekdays the Gradual Psalms are used, 1027, but on Sundays the psalms are taken from Sunday, Week I, 994.
Midmorning
Ant.
I made myself the slave of all so as to win over for Christ as many as possible.

Midday
Ant.
Blessed are the poor in spirit: the reign of God is theirs.

Midafternoon
Ant.
I have been grasped by Christ Jesus to know him and to share in his sufferings by being formed into the pattern of his death.

Evening Prayer II
Ant. 1
I determined to know nothing else but Christ and him crucified.
Psalm 113

Ant. 2 I was formed in the pattern of his death to know Christ and the power flowing from his resurrection.
Psalm 146

Ant. 3 The Lord shall be your light forever, your God shall be your glory.
Ephesians 1:3-10

Canticle of Mary The eye of the Lord looked favorably upon him and the Lord lifted him up from his lowly estate and exalted his head; many have wondered at himand have glorified God.

(* Page references correspond to CBP Christian Prayer)

From Proper Offices of Franciscan Saints and Blesseds in the Liturgy of the Hours

tee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back