R
rwillenborg
Guest
Hello,
I am married and we have twin daughters who are two years old.
Next week, there will be an informational session on adoption and fostering at catholic social service and my husband and I plan on going, just to get some questions answered.
I know there are alot of moms and dads on here who foster or have adopted.
I have a few concerns.
I am married and we have twin daughters who are two years old.
Next week, there will be an informational session on adoption and fostering at catholic social service and my husband and I plan on going, just to get some questions answered.
I know there are alot of moms and dads on here who foster or have adopted.
I have a few concerns.
- We have no trouble conceiving children (I was on ABC when we got the twins!! Wonder what we’ll get without ABC!) Furthermore, I fully expect that any future pregnancies will also be multiples. Let’s just say that if it were MY family left over from the flood, the world would have ALOT more than 6 billion people right now.
It just seems weird to use NFP to avoid pregnancy while trying to adopt. Then again, it seems weird trying to conceive while trying to adopt!! I don’t know that I feel ‘right’ about preventing a natural pregnancy in favor of adopting. Does that make sense? - I feel like if we adopt we’d be ‘stealing’ a kid away from some infertile couple who can’t have children any other way! Is that weird?
- I am open to the idea of adopting or fostering an older child or a sibling group (like I said, in my family we’re used to kids showing up in bulk packaging. We always tell people that we got them at Costco
) or a special needs child. But I wonder - could I handle that? And, I worry too how adopting an older child, who might well be very, uh, worldly, so to speak, would affect my two year olds. I just don’t want to put my girls into a situation which might be unsafe for them physically or emotionally. - Some days, I can barely handle the two kids I have. I wonder how responsible it would be then to bring another child into this home who might require so much more of my energy? I DO believe that God doesn’t call the equipped, he equips the called, so I tell myself ‘God will make sure you can handle this’ but then there are days that I think ‘Really God? You thought I could handle THIS?!?!?! You’re kidding me, right?’