Any good blogs on moral theology?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PermanentMarker
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PermanentMarker

Guest
Does anyone know of any good blogs on Catholic moral theology? It would be great to dialogue with credentialed theologians!
 
Hey, stop that, I’m trying to diet here!

But seriously, I’m curious, why is this a popcorn-evoking topic? I could understand if the topic was something controversial, but surely moral theology is a more serious and scholarly endeavour? :confused:
 
Hey, stop that, I’m trying to diet here!

But seriously, I’m curious, why is this a popcorn-evoking topic? I could understand if the topic was something controversial, but surely moral theology is a more serious and scholarly endeavour? :confused:
my apologies,i thought 🍿 could be used as a bookmark,something to subscribe to a post so you can keep up on the conversation.thanks for asking me this ,not the first time that this has caused this response,but no one said it was 🍿 they just thought i was causing controversy.really,thanks for making me aware of this.in the future i will do something else.now i’m :o
 
my apologies,i thought 🍿 could be used as a bookmark,something to subscribe to a post so you can keep up on the conversation.thanks for asking me this ,not the first time that this has caused this response,but no one said it was 🍿 they just thought i was causing controversy.really,thanks for making me aware of this.in the future i will do something else.now i’m :o
Actually I should apologize, I’m a pretty new poster too!

But the impression I got, from reading several threads, is that 🍿 meant “this is going to get heated, let’s sit back and watch them go at it” - i.e., “a controversial topic, on which it is better to be a spectator (hence the popcorn) than a participant”. Again, I could be wrong. I interpreted your post in this light, and wondered what was so controversial about moral theology (as opposed to, say, threads about Barack Obama, the SSPX, and clown masses :D)

But while I’m here, here’s a theology site I found while browsing.

catholicplanet.com/

Seems to have plenty of food for thought (though he is a bit “puritanical” on marriage, but maybe that’s just me!), and the site author has put up a fairly good Bible translation of his own, which I use on my e-Sword software.
 
is that meant “this is going to get heated, let’s sit back and watch them go at it” - i.e., “a controversial topic, on which it is better to be a spectator (hence the popcorn) than a participant”
ok,i can see that.i can be kinda dense.and thanks for the link,thats why i’m here 🍿
 
But while I’m here, here’s a theology site I found while browsing.

catholicplanet.com/
I suggest you stick to documents, books, and sites that are offiically approved by the Church such as those works with an imprimatur or nihil obstat.

I really recommend staying away from the site you link above.
 
I suggest you stick to documents, books, and sites that are offiically approved by the Church such as those works with an imprimatur or nihil obstat.

I really recommend staying away from the site you link above.
Ooops… sorry about that. 😊

Thanks for the warning. I just thought this was all right, since he seemed fairly conservative in his theology, and wasn’t calling for women priests or free condoms. What is / are the specific concerns with that site? (If this is derailing the thread, please message me.) 🙂 I only know the author (Ronald Conte) from his “Catholic Public Domain Bible”, which I wrote about briefly on an earlier thread, is there anything else I should know?

I think I’ll stick to Catholic Answers for now! 😃
 
Thanks for the warning. I just thought this was all right, since he seemed fairly conservative in his theology, and wasn’t calling for women priests or free condoms.
Conservative does not equate to accurate.
What is / are the specific concerns with that site? (If this is derailing the thread, please message me.) 🙂
None of the writings have been reviewed or approvd by the author’s bishop.

The author has no position in a Catholic institution such as being a professor or credentialed academic.

Calling oneself a “lay theologian” and having an actual, verifiable academic degree in theology ar etwo different things.

My concerns are with the content of various articles that, IMHO, do not accurately represent church teaching.
I only know the author (Ronald Conte) from his “Catholic Public Domain Bible”, which I wrote about briefly on an earlier thread, is there anything else I should know?
I suggest a search of posts on this forum.
 
Conservative does not equate to accurate.

None of the writings have been reviewed or approvd by the author’s bishop.

The author has no position in a Catholic institution such as being a professor or credentialed academic.

Calling oneself a “lay theologian” and having an actual, verifiable academic degree in theology ar etwo different things.

My concerns are with the content of various articles that, IMHO, do not accurately represent church teaching.

I suggest a search of posts on this forum.
I did a quick search, and … yikes!!

This guy sounds like a Catholic version of Tim LaHaye, with his eschatological “predictions”!

And predicting that the Pope will die this year? That’s just evil!

Not to mention his obsession with what married couples do in privacy. Creep.

I now regret even having posted that link, it could be an occasion of sin to those who aren’t as well-versed as you are. Please consider this a retraction. And thank you for your fraternal warning. 😦
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top