Any Good Books on Sin?

• Thread starter Thread starter TheDumbFox
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheDumbFox

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for Catholic books dedicated to hamartiology? I know that you can find excerpts from the works of numerous saints discussing sin, but I was looking for just one book that might be able to cover all the bases. I’d like a book that discusses sin from the perspective of its relation and affect on the soul. Som something in the realm of spiritual theology would be useful.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for Catholic books dedicated to hamartiology? I know that you can find excerpts from the works of numerous saints discussing sin, but I was looking for just one book that might be able to cover all the bases. I’d like a book that discusses sin from the perspective of its relation and affect on the soul. Som something in the realm of spiritual theology would be useful.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!
I have one recommendation for a particular writing of St. Gregory of Nyssa, On Infants’ Early Deaths which gives an interesting comparison:
https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/2912.htm

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but the only one that comes to mind is The Sinners Guide by Venerable Louis of Granada- Tan Book Publishers.

(Though if one is scrupulous I do not recommend reading this book.)

Thank you! There’s a free version online that I glanced at, and it looks useful. I went ahead and bought a hardcopy.

It’s also available on the iPieta app… along with a ton of other books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back