T
tsteeves
Guest
I am just curious if anyone knows what they plan to give up (or take on) for lent?
I plan to give up Pepsi (all pop really). I drink alot of it, close to 2 litres a day. I have tried to quit before, but I am addicted. I know that God will give me the will to stop cold turkey. I have been drinking Pepsi for about 20 years now and the longest I have gone without it is maybe a week. (I probably owns shares by now). When I am done with lent, I don’t plan to start drinking it again.
What about children? I have just started to talk to them about it. This will be their first time (7-8-15) so I want it to be something fairly easy so they don’t feel like they have failed. They don’t eat desert or eat junk food (suprising considering my Pepsi addiction). What about making their bed EVERY day?
I’m not sure, I am just looking for ideas.
Tara
I plan to give up Pepsi (all pop really). I drink alot of it, close to 2 litres a day. I have tried to quit before, but I am addicted. I know that God will give me the will to stop cold turkey. I have been drinking Pepsi for about 20 years now and the longest I have gone without it is maybe a week. (I probably owns shares by now). When I am done with lent, I don’t plan to start drinking it again.
What about children? I have just started to talk to them about it. This will be their first time (7-8-15) so I want it to be something fairly easy so they don’t feel like they have failed. They don’t eat desert or eat junk food (suprising considering my Pepsi addiction). What about making their bed EVERY day?
I’m not sure, I am just looking for ideas.
Tara