Any suggestions?

• Thread starter Thread starter clecher
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clecher

I have been a Catholic for almost 35 years. I went to a Catholic school for 12 years and I realize there is so much I don’t know about the faith. I don’t think I was ever taught about novenas, the Caplet of Divine Mercy, the Sacred Heart of Jesus, or even offering things up. Is there a book that explains these things?

EWTN.com does a good job as far as a libray of prayers are concerned. newadvent.com is a good Catholic encycolipedia that has everything you could ever want to know about the faith in it. Any more questions PM me. 👍

This may sound like a smart-aleck answer, but in all seriousness, you might want to consider reading Catholicism for Dummies. It does a great job of covering the basics and a lot of the not-so-basics as well. My wife found so much in that book that she didn’t know, and she also was a cradle Catholic and a product of Catholic schooling (tho not the full 12 years).

DaveBj

The Divine Mercy chaplet is a fairly recent devotion. I think the Essential Catholic Prayerbook has the best collection of prayers and devotions. it also has essay on “how to pray” topics like praying with the Bible, the difference between mediation and contemplation and such.

Personally, I preferred Why do Catholics Do that by Kevin Johnson, the Catholicism for Dummies as a reference book. I thought it presented a greater variety of material and was written in a style that entertaining and memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back