Anybody translate Latin want to help me

  • Thread starter Thread starter COPLAND_3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

COPLAND_3

Guest
I am doing a catena on Acts and I am trying to add the best commentary as I can, and I am coming up with some wonderful resources. But I am not very good at translating Latin and I don’t have time in this project to go my pace at translating and still work on the catena. I was wondering if there are some on here who knows how to translate Latin that would have the time or desire to translate some extracts from the Glossa Ordinaria. The translation can be loose and done quickly, as long as its intelligable and relays the message, I’m not picky. Two of the expositors in the gloss that I am very interested in are Oecumenius and Nicholas of Lyra, but especially Oecumenius.

The gloss on Acts starts on pg 287 at this link archive.org/stream/bibliorumsacroru06strauoft#page/487/mode/2up

I am at chapter 5 right now in my catena, catenas.wetpaint.com/
 
Mate ! The easiest way to solve these things is to get in touch with your nearest F.S.S.P . priest - all Fraternity of St. Peter Priests are well able to translate for you & their Charity shows in their willingness to help others .
[SIGN]Pax et Bonum[/SIGN]
 
Whoa, there pardner.

Page 287 comes up as page 566 in the original, right? Are we on the right page?
 
I am finished with a catena on Jonah, but I have also found some great stuff in the Glossa Ordinaria from Theophylact. I am looking to get some of those translated before I wrap that project up. If anyone wants to help me on this one I would begreatful beyond words. Here is the link archive.org/stream/bibliorumsacror04strauoft#page/945/mode/2up pg 945 on the format, 1919 in the scanned book. If anyone can do some then please let me know. Here is the catena that I have done on Jonah to show you hw serious I am about this project catenas.wetpaint.com/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top