Anyone finishing the TOTAL CONSECRATION on Feast of the Assumption?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fergal
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fergal

Hi!
I am finishing the 33 day ‘Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary’ on Sunday 15th August and am just wondering if there are any others out there finshing also? How have you found it? Is it your first time or your yearly renewal?
What a beautiful gift. Giving ourselves completely to God through Mary.
God Bless,
Fergal
Naas
Ireland

I completed the 33 days of preparation last year, only to be sent on an emergency trip for work on the consecration day. I waas thinking of participating this Sunday, do you think my preparation is still valid?:hmmm:

Have you participated in the 33 day prep this year?

I think that your devotion last year and the fact that it was due to circumstances outside your own control did not invalidate your consecration. Not 100% sure though.
Would be no harm to make the consecration according to the formula on the 15th. Remember God lives in the eternal now. Time is only our problem!!!
To be sure you could ask and apologist.

God Bless,
Fergal
Naas
Ireland

WOW, I admire your devotion. I am still in the contemplation phase of this. I am sure you will have many blessings follow you as a result of your devotion and hard work!Congratulations!

40.png
Fergal:
Sure.

I will post a link here so that you can find out all about it. kensmen.com/catholic/totalconsecrationmontfort.html
Best wishes,
Fergal
Naas
Ireland
Thanks so much for the link.

I did the De Monfort 33 day preparation and consecration last year (for the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary). I had previously consecrated myself totally to La Immaculata using the formula of St. Maximillian Kolbe. I renew this one 4 times a year (March 25 (the anniversary of my consecration), August 14-15, October 7, and December 8).

John

Hi all:
Surely wish that we could put “all” the threads about The Consecration/St Louis De Montfort all in one place.
As those who have been at this for sometime know, any Feastday of our Lady is the time to make the Consecration for the first time and I personally find it helpful on all her Feastdays to pray the long form of the Consecration. One of course, uses the short form, daily
The 33 day “retreat” is repeated every year. Sometimes life seems to get in the way (like my moving this year during May) but one simply does the best one can. I’m sorry that the one who had prepared up to the last day, didn’t go ahead and make it the next day or the first Feast day after that but you can be certain our Lady knew your heart.
There is a neat little phamphlet out now that helps out because there is a chart giving the “start” date for the 33 days before a Feastday Title - “Preparation for Total Consecration according to Saint Louis Marie de Montfort” put out by Montfort Publications.
Our Lady Queen of all Hearts, Queen of the Universe, pray for us
Peace on earth to men of good will.
LaVada

I made my consecration on the Feast of the Annuciation many many years ago. I try faithfully to renew it at that time every year. It is a very wonderful devotion.👍

My wonderful husband did. I have a different devotion going and feel unfaithful with more than one consecration.

I applaud all who did make or renew their consecration to our Blessed Mother on this Holy Day of hers. :blessyou:

Mamamull

I am in preliminary exploration for possibly making this consecration on December 8 (which would mean beginning the preparations on the feast of St. Francis, October 4). I am impressed by the number of men who have found this to be important and meaningful to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back