Anyone know of a good Holy Spirit book?

• Thread starter Thread starter dizzy_dave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dizzy_dave

I’m interested in a good down to earth, orthodox book about the Holy Spirit. Thanks and God bless.

Fr. Paul O’Sullivan, O.P. has written a neat little booklet called “The Holy Ghost Our Greatest Friend”. TAN publishes it. You can also get it really cheap(60 cents) at Our Lady of the Rosary Libary, which is a traditionalist site but they have great books at terrific prices. The url is olrl.org/books/holyghost.shtml

40.png
Spooky7272:
Fr. Paul O’Sullivan, O.P. has written a neat little booklet called “The Holy Ghost Our Greatest Friend”. TAN publishes it. You can also get it really cheap(60 cents) at Our Lady of the Rosary Libary, which is a traditionalist site but they have great books at terrific prices. The url is olrl.org/books/holyghost.shtml
I agree that “The Holy Ghost Our Greatest Friend” is a very good book. I also recommend “Devotion To The Holy Spirit” (also by Fr. O’Sullivan). Here is the link to the book at the TAN website.

tanbooks.com/index.php/page/shop:flypage/product_id/591/keywords/holy,spirit/

Both of these books have helped me to better understand the Holy Spirit.

God Bless,
Gary

Peter Herbeck’s book “When the Spirit comes is power” and Sister Ann Shields book “Fire in my heart” are both good books to know how the reality of the Holy Spirit works in a lay person’s life and also how he can work in the of a contempletive’s life. Pope John Paul II had many good insights into the life that is dosile to allow the Holy Spirit to do God’s work in our life.
One none Catholic who is appoved by the Church is Joyce Myers who will often speak in tongues during her meetings and also on her tapes. She had what I had during a time away from home traveling, that is a touch and annointing of God that changed her life and mine making it possible to know the nearness and enormous love of God. We all start out with some measure of faith but when we have free gift from God that is a sample of heaven it makes all the differance when the reality of God comes in a very close intement knowing that passes all understanding in Joy unspeakable full of Glory. I read about many who have had this experiance, From Andrew Wamac to Joyce Myers to Jesse Duplantus and St John of the Cross but nothing you can read or see in anyone else can ever compare or be explained to what it is like to have as Jesse calls " A close incounter of the God kind".
God Bless

I like the Peter Herbeck book also. Also, the Encyclical by Pope John Paul II would be good for you to read. Also, Let the Fire Fall by Father Scanlan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back