Anyone know this quote?

• Thread starter Thread starter imagine7777
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imagine7777

I read a quote by St. Francis of Assisi (I think) that was something like “come with me and change the world”.

I cannot find it anywhere. Is this familiar to anyone? Does anyone know the actual quote?

I’ve googled it, but can’t find it.

40.png
imagine7777:
I read a quote by St. Francis of Assisi (I think) that was something like “come with me and change the world”.

I cannot find it anywhere. Is this familiar to anyone? Does anyone know the actual quote?

I’ve googled it, but can’t find it.
could this be it?
“You take nothing with you that you gained-- Only what you gave away” Attributed to St. Francis of Assissi

Thanks, but no, that’s not it.

It definitely has something like “come with me and change the world” in it.

🙂

Shame on me not knowing this one. He’s my patron Saint.
Could it be his initial call from God.
“Francis. Repair my church.”
After which he sold one of his fathers houses and repaired the local church with the money. Only to be booted out by his father and also to realise God was calling him to repair the whole church.

I saw this quote on another site:

CEO of Pepsi: “Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life, or do you want to come with me and change the world?”

Maybe the author attributed the quote to the wrong person? I can’t remember where I first saw it, but it was definitely attributed to him. Now it’s driving me crazy. 🙂

It would have had to have been when he was getting his first “followers” or when he was going on some mission b/c it was something like, “Forget about [x], come with me and do something truly important/exciting and save the world”.

It does seem like something he might say though; it has that knight kind of feel to it. 🙂

Hopefully, I will run into it again. I knew I should have wrote it down the first time.

I don’t recall that one, but I have heard this one many times and I believe Jesus said it.

Come back to me with all your heart, don’t let fear keep us apart.

They world would change if everyone put Jesus in their heart!

40.png
thistle:
I saw this quote on another site:

CEO of Pepsi: “Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life, or do you want to come with me and change the world?”
Steve Jobs, founder of Apple Computers, said this to the Pepsi CEO, trying to recruit him to his company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back