Anyone seen the St. Therese movie?

• Thread starter Thread starter kayla
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I saw it, and took two of my kids, my son (10) and one of my daughters (6). The movie is a bit slow at times, but so was the life of Therese.

It is clear that the movie is not a slick hollywood production, but the quality of the sets, costumes, and cinematography is overall very well done. The film is true to “Story of a Soul” as well, and is truly orthodox in its catholicity.

Both of my kids loved the movie, and I thought it was great. It’s a movie that every Catholic should see, in my opinion, and it’s the type of film that can be seen by non-catholics as well.

I quizzed my kids down after the film on why Therese was declared a saint. Not surprisingly, they couldn’t point to one specific event in the film that would warrant her sainthood. After all she’s not Joan of Arc or St. Paul. But it was a great teaching opportunity for me to illustrate her “little way,” and the accumulation of her love and self-denial that added up to her saintliness.

Go see it!

I saw it. I loved it. I agree with what Brian said. It’s very true to her “Story of a Soul”. It is a beautiful movie that everyone should see. She is a lovely example of sainthood for us in our fast-paced, ill-gotten world.

What I loved most about this movie is the love that was shown in Therese’s family, especially between the father and his daughters. I think it is a beautiful film and stayed true to St Therese herself. 👍

40.png
NightRider:
What I loved most about this movie is the love that was shown in Therese’s family, especially between the father and his daughters. I think it is a beautiful film and stayed true to St Therese herself. 👍
Yes, I did too. What I was left wondering was why aren’t all of them declared saints? I asked a priest friend and he said miracles have been attributed to her but not to them.

40.png
pianoplayingmom:
Yes, I did too. What I was left wondering was why aren’t all of them declared saints? I asked a priest friend and he said miracles have been attributed to her but not to them.
This may be so because St Therese left us with her writings, and perhaps the other members of her family did not–?? I’m not certain, but this is my guess.

40.png
NightRider:
This may be so because St Therese left us with her writings, and perhaps the other members of her family did not–?? I’m not certain, but this is my guess.
Yes, I think that is what my priest friend said, too. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back