Of course, as other posters pointed out above, there have been great women apologists in the past and there is no reason why women can’t be apologists, but I think you hit the nail on the head in bold above. In my experience,** women like to argue less than men**. Apologetics involves arguing a lot. Therefore, less women are interested.
I’d add that women have been (and continue to be) something much more important to the Church than apologists, evangelists. Of course, mother’s evangelize their children, we all know that. But even down through history, you’ll see wives evangelizing their husbands and female friends evangelizing each other (and male friends too). Remember, apologetics is just a means to evangelization and it is neither the only nor the best one. Peter Kreeft, one of the best apologists around, compares apologists to trash men. They clear the garbage out of the way for evangelization. I love apologetics, but we must always keep first things first.