approved apparitions

  • Thread starter Thread starter MindNight
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s… crazy. (I don’t mean in the ‘insane’ sense…just…crazy). Wow.

I do not disbelieve, nor would I presume to conclude that it wasn’t diabolical. FWIW.

As for your youth…I don’t know how old you were when this happened, but for my part, I don’t see it any kind of handicap or hindrance to believability. When I was about 8 years old, I ‘felt’ like I was possessed. I remember thinking the possession was related to a snapping turtle that I took from a nearby lake. I distinctly recall ‘wrestling’ with the demon internally, and ‘chasing it out of me’, by shear faith and prayer.

I never told anyone the story, as I figured folks would think me crazy…

But, whatever one might be inclined to dismiss as childish imaginings…I don’t think it was a coincidence that the very night my brother brought that turtle in to school for science class…and left it there overnight…the building in which it was being housed, burned to the ground.

Firefighters weren’t able to figure out the ‘cause’ of the fire, and no building had ever caught fire on the campus, nor has any since. That Church and school btw, had been around since 1928 (the building that burnt to the ground though, was maybe 20 years old).

Point being–I don’t doubt anything you’ve written. IMO, demonic possession is absolutely real.

Now, back to the person with the Charism–what about him/her, lead you to believe you were being played, or whatever it is think (s)he/the priest, were trying to pull over on you, that you felt impelled to write to the bishop?
 
Well, even though I have told you about my experience with the full fury and rage of diabolic as a child (I was 10, by the way), I a very rational person and and sceptical person regarding anything of the paranormal, including ghosts, ghost hunting, ghosying hunting shows ( absolutely ridiculous) ,poltergeists, astrology, nemerology, psychics, people who claim to communicate with the dead ( John Edward, Van Prague, et al), alledged religious revelations and apparations (seeing so-called apparations of Jesus, Mary, etc. in the sky, on windows, on toast, etc.), those who claim that they communicate with God directly and/or God speaks to them ( such as those prosperity television preachers), End Times sects, Creationism,most accounts of posessions,ufo’s, Bigfoot, Chucacabras, Loch Ness Monster, and I can go on and on…
I wished that my experience would have been anything other than the demonic.I wished then, as now, that if I had experience with the spiritual, that it would have been of angels or Mary, but certainly not of the most eveil of beings.
Therefore, that explains the scepticism of the what I know as the " charism" of that person. My first and only instinct was to disbelieve it, or any so-called visions, but that’s I’ll admit if I was wrong, or if I ma certainly without a reasonable doubt wrong, but I believe that such visions have to be proven or disproven thorough measurable scientific methods with thorough research to rule out any natural explantions. I just don’t see that here, and I don’t see how it can be proven, either thorough scientific method, and then it cannot be explained through science, then it has to be discerned through a process that should take a little longer than instantaneously, but that’s just my opinion. I have been willing to accept that what I have been asserting to be diabolic phenonema may probably be explain by scientific means, that is may be natural, psychological, and physiological in origin, so why shouldn’t I doubt the veracity of the vision, and why should any other person of faith do the same?
 
Seems a bit of a double standard to me that the priest and the guy with the charism apparently believed you without evidence, and sought to help you…but you reciprocate by demanding scientific evidence of his vision, and claim foul for lack thereof.

You’re not required to believe the guy with the charism–but you should understand that practical challenge it would pose to the bishop, to have to discern not just the charism, but every alleged fruit of such. That would occuppy quite a bit of ‘the shepherd’s’ time, when he has many more sheep to serve.
 
Fair enough. Since I am willing to admit if I have been at fault, I will not let it be thought that anything was the product of my imagination. Either way, the origin of why anything may have transpired cannot be disputed. There are records, Whatever the case, fact remains there was a case of Demonic Possession in the red brick house in 6000 block of Royal Street in the Lower Ninth Ward in New Orleans, of the Archdioses of New Orleans, during the summer of 1975. The late Monsignor Jerome T. Mire, then parish priest of St. Maurice Catholic Church, performed the Rite of Exorcism on my then best friend’s father. My best friend attended the same school with me, at St. Maurice School, right next to the church. The house in which the exorcism took place was only only two blocks from the church.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top