Are baby boomers to blame for society backsliding towards atheism?

  • Thread starter Thread starter goodcatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame it on sin.
I am not sure because there is sin in Russia, but the Russian Orthodox Church is experiencing a huge growth in enthusiasm as more and more churches are being built all the time. Over the last six years, there has been more than 5000 churches built and 10000 clergymen added to the church.

 
Of course there were activists who, both vocally and behaviorally, did much more than the average baby boomer. But most baby boomers picked up on the spirit of the times that were a’changin. Many began to follow the youth culture of the times in the clothes they wore, their hairstyles, their language, their music and dancing, their attitudes about casual sex, about recreational drugs, about the Vietnam War, about pollution of the environment, about obedience to our elders and authority figures of Church and State, about minority rights, women’s rights, gay rights. I think one would have had to live in either a cocoon or a cave not to have at least been confronted psychologically by the shift in cultural values, even if one did not actively participate.
 
Last edited:
“gay rights”? Seriously? The start of Marxist Class Warfare began between men and women but that was caused by a defined, dedicated group of radical feminists. Women, the eternal victims class, men, the eternal enemies class, followed by “women’s studies” in college. What? No “men’s studies”? They don’t want equality, they want the overthrow of men. They did a lot to destroy the family.

Times don’t change anything, only people change things. They kept telling them: “Hey! We got freedom, man!” No. You’ve got slavery to the flesh. In 1960, there were 4 STDs of concern. Today, there are a lot more. But cheap thrills are more important. The CDC is telling us there’s an STD Epidemic going on in the US. But Who Cares!? This life is all there is… Yeah, no.

I watched all of it happen and it was tragic. But my lack of participation meant I missed most of the trauma of actually living like that. What’s wrong with caves? They make it easier to barricade against people running wild.
 
Last edited:
In my previous post, I indicated that the baby-boomer revolution was a mixed bag, consisting of the good, the bad, and the ugly. In my last post, I was responding to your opinion that the baby boomers did not start the revolution, but activists did. Now, you are talking about the evils of that age, while singling out one in particular. I agree with you (in part) that there were excesses. Even the most liberal and leftist thinkers have admitted that much. But that is not exactly the original topic, nor the statement you originally made that I was trying to answer. If you wish to broaden the discussion, we can do that as well.
 
Last edited:
What I wrote previously is not necessarily an endorsement. I was just stating the influences the baby boomers had on many people’s way of thinking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top