P
pnewton
Guest
Here is the passage I found earlier on who can be excommunicated:
EDITTED:
Okay, here is another section that I think would exclude protestants:
I will keep looking and see if there is another list that might include protestants.
EDITTED:
Okay, here is another section that I think would exclude protestants:
EDITTED one more time for another:Can. 1321 §1. No one is punished unless the external violation of a law or precept, committed by the person, is gravely imputable by reason of malice or** negligence**.
§2. A penalty established by a law or precept binds the person who has deliberately violated the law or precept; however, a person who violated a law or precept by omitting necessary diligence is not punished unless the law or precept provides otherwise.
Can. 1323 The following are not subject to a penalty when they have violated a law or precept:
1/ a person who has not yet completed the sixteenth year of age;
2/ a person who without negligence was ignorant that he or she violated a law or precept; inadvertence and error are equivalent to ignorance;