F
FIU_student
Guest
Hello all, this is my first post at this site. I used the search feature for my question and I didn’t see it. I hope it hasn’t been asked before.
Until last December I had not faith or exposure to religion. I went to a mass at the parish across the street to my dorm and liked it. I’ve been studying the Catholic faith and plan to enter an RCIA course when it starts up again after Pentecost.
I ordered some books and CDs from the Catholic Society of Evangelists. One of them was “The Wonders of the Mass” by Fr. Paul O’ Sullivan. I really enjoyed it but it had some things in it that confused me.
My understanding was sins are forgiven via baptism and reconciliation. However the book quoted St. Lawrence Justianian saying:
*“No human tongue can describe the immense favors and blessing which we receive from the Mass. The sinner obtains pardon, the good man becomes more holy, our faults are corrected and our vices uprooted by hearing Holy Mass.” *
There are many quotes in the book to that affect, sins are forgiven by piously assisting a mass.
Is this the case?
Thank you
Until last December I had not faith or exposure to religion. I went to a mass at the parish across the street to my dorm and liked it. I’ve been studying the Catholic faith and plan to enter an RCIA course when it starts up again after Pentecost.
I ordered some books and CDs from the Catholic Society of Evangelists. One of them was “The Wonders of the Mass” by Fr. Paul O’ Sullivan. I really enjoyed it but it had some things in it that confused me.
My understanding was sins are forgiven via baptism and reconciliation. However the book quoted St. Lawrence Justianian saying:
*“No human tongue can describe the immense favors and blessing which we receive from the Mass. The sinner obtains pardon, the good man becomes more holy, our faults are corrected and our vices uprooted by hearing Holy Mass.” *
There are many quotes in the book to that affect, sins are forgiven by piously assisting a mass.
Is this the case?
Thank you