I think that Jesus just said that we can’t know the exact hour of His coming. But obviously when we’ll see the signs of the Last Times, then we’ll know that it’s sometime soon. I mean… I heard that before His Second Coming, we’ll all see a cross in the sky. So at that point, we’ll KNOW it’s happening. We just don’t know the exact hour.
Personally, I think it’s VERY wise to be prepared because even if the Second Coming will happen in a thousand years, as I said in my other post we don’t know when we’ll die and be judged by God. It’s especially important to go to Confession regularly.
675 Before Christ’s second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers. The persecution that accompanies her pilgrimage on earth will unveil the “mystery of iniquity” in the form of a religious deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth. The supreme religious deception is that of the Antichrist, a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah come in the flesh.
wow this is pretty frightening! I’m SO glad that we have the Church so if we just listen to it, we’ll be safe.
It’s interesting how it says, there will be offered an apparent solution to people’s problems at the price of apostasy from the truth… so probably the anti christ will be doing a lot of so called “good” in the world, but would really be evil. It’s sad that many people would be deceived by that
btw, lol, when I first read that I thought of Obama. I’m not saying he’s THE anti christ or anything. But…think about it… he is offering “solutions” to poverty, ETC, and being basically worshipped by millions of people, all the while only a few are looking at his stance on abortion…