Are these good?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bec
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bec

I’ve received several charitable requests from Catholic organizations. Can any of you tell me if some or all are good (i.e. follow the Magisterium, etc)

Pope John Paul II Culteral Center
Catholic Near East Welfare Association
Glenmary Home Missionaries
Several Source Foundation
St. Jude Shrine
Capuchin Franciscan Friars - Union City, NJ
Province of St. Mary of the Capuchin Order

In all the years we have been giving, I’ve never received any requests from the above before. Any info on which ones are devote, etc. would be great!

Thanks and God Bless.

Becky

40.png
Bec:
I’ve received several charitable requests from Catholic organizations. Can any of you tell me if some or all are good (i.e. follow the Magisterium, etc)

Pope John Paul II Culteral Center
Several Source Foundation
St. Jude Shrine
Capuchin Franciscan Friars - Union City, NJ
Province of St. Mary of the Capuchin Order

In all the years we have been giving, I’ve never received any requests from the above before. Any info on which ones are devote, etc. would be great!

Thanks and God Bless.

Becky
…if you want to be really safe, and make sure your donations are spread around to several worthy causes…

…think about Catholic Charities…best charity…IMHO:thumbsup:

I’ve heard of these, and they seem to be reputable:

Pope John Paul II Cultural Center
St. Jude Shrine

Haven’t heard of the others, but they are probably ok as well.

If I gave to every Catholic charity that sends me mail, I would be constantly broke.

The John Paul II Cultural Center is open for people to visit in the Washington DC area. We have made a contribution there as a family. It is a good source for catechesis and evangelization.

I would also consider Catholic Relief Services, which helps many developing countries in addition to poor people in the US (I think they offered more relief to tsunami victims than any organization) and St. Christopher’s Inn (www.atonementfriars.org). I am also a big fan of the Catholic Near East Welfare Association, which provides much assistance to people, particularly Catholcis being displaced in conflict zones who have no other help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back