Are you loved by god in hell

• Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Sirach 14

The answer would be between God and the person involved. No one in this world could answer that God only knows.

We do not know where our lives will be going once we leave this world.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.

40.png
Sirach14:
Does God love those who are in hell?
The whole subject of Eternal Damnation has been watered down of late. My pastor is not afraid to mention that there is such a place. A person who has totally rejected the love of God and lands in a state (JP11 calls Heaven,Hell, Purgatory - states of being) totally without God, has placed themselves outside of God’s love. There are many that will argue that there is no such state. However, God has always been known for his justice as well as his mercy.

God’s love is pure and complete; Yes I’m positive that God loves Satan and all in hell, demons and human souls. Sure they have separated themselves from God’s love, for all eternity; but God still loves them and will never forget them. Hell exits because of the love of God; but that doesn’t make it a happy place.

a being in hell continues to exist, created beings exist only due to the continuing love of God, therefore God loves all those beings in hell. they reject his love totally and utterly, and chose eternal separation from him, so they benefit from that love only in that they continue to exist.

Hmmmm, one definition, I have encountered, of love is:

To wish for the well-being of, with no gain to oneself.

People in Hell are eternally damned. Therefore one can’t wish for thier well-being.

40.png
Mijoy2:
Hmmmm, one definition, I have encountered, of love is:

To wish for the well-being of, with no gain to oneself.

People in Hell are eternally damned. Therefore one can’t wish for thier well-being.
What about God is Love? Are you saying He can’t love them or chooses not to love them? Either is a contradiction of who He is. If the mother of a convicted killer can love her son, then surely God is able to love those of His children who reject Him. I think part of Jesus’ agony in the garden was over those who would wind up in hell despite His sacrifice.

I think God does love them, but they made an eternal choice to never return God’s love. Just my :twocents:

I’ve heard that those who are in Hell experience the love of God as pain.

Have you ever had someone like you and be really nice to you when you can’t stand that person? No matter what that other person does, you just want to get as far away from that person as possible. I imagine people in Hell choose to be away from God, and our loving God granted their request for all eternity. He loves them, but they prefer to be as far away from Him as they can get because His love is painful to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back