L
Lorelei12
Guest
I was married a little less than a year ago, and my husband and I have some financial and health issues we are dealing with. I would love to have a baby now, and am eager for us to become parents. Because we have some issues our family members and friends are unaware of, I have been having a hard time dealing with being asked whether I am pregnant yet. It happens at just about every gathering- not from everyone, of course, but enough that it’s wearing on me. Usually I just smile and say “no, I’m not”.
My husband isn’t bothered by it, says it’s normal for people to ask newlyweds, but I am a little less forgiving and really just wish people would mind their own business and wait for us to announce it, if God willing the time comes. These people have no knowledge of our reasons for avoiding right now, and I don’t plan on enlightening them. How do I politely defer these questions yet convey that I’d prefer not to be asked?
Thanks in advance!
My husband isn’t bothered by it, says it’s normal for people to ask newlyweds, but I am a little less forgiving and really just wish people would mind their own business and wait for us to announce it, if God willing the time comes. These people have no knowledge of our reasons for avoiding right now, and I don’t plan on enlightening them. How do I politely defer these questions yet convey that I’d prefer not to be asked?
Thanks in advance!