Arguments and anger before prayers

• Thread starter Thread starter highland
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

highland

Hi…

Just before praying the rosary last nite… my parents started arguing and expressing anger before prayers. They are not catholics… and reason being that my mum was not happy being treated by my dad long time ago due to finances and the sale of a house and many “oustanding” issues…

Being the only catholic at home… I told them to focus on the prayers and not to argue or angry with one another. I even told them that one should forgive about the past. In fact I was also victimised to lecture my dad about his mistakes by my mum. In fact I’ve even shown them the sorrowful station about Jesus forgiving his enemies. and likewise we too have to fogive one another for the past mistakes.

I did not carry on the prayers even My dad told me too as I felt that anger did not subside on my mum and to pray with such temperament would not get my mind to focus… more harm than good… Am I correct to do this??

This has happen many times and unlike previous times we manged to pray… seem that the enemy is trying to sow discord to bring us closer to God and pece in the family…

Later last nite I finished praying my rosary before I doze off. and I used to…

thks and God Bless…

Ps I’m praying very hard that my parents and siblings would come to know Christ thru the intercession of Mother Mary… The greatest Mother of all Mothers…

Please pray for me…

When you get angry, praying is the best thing to do! I believe it will help relieve you, God will help you calm down and help guide your actions. Many times when we get angry, we can lose control of ourselves and do things we would not have done otherwise. Praying is never a bad thing, there is no wrong time to pray.

Have a good night and God Bless! I’ll keep you and your family in my prayers . . .

P.S. I don’t know how old you are, but I was young, my parents would sometimes fight too. However, remember to treat your parents with respect, and know that sometimes it may not be your place to put yourself into it and try to lecture people. I’m not saying you did the wrong thing, just be careful not to be one of those people who lectures everyone else all the time, if you know what I mean.

Not all of us are alike. Perhaps prayer when angry doesn’t work for everyone. It does for me, but I’m not everyone. If I were you I’d seriously pray for the conversion of their hearts to God. Pray hard for the Holy Spirit to fill their hearts with such love that they are given every opportunity to love one-another and see God in everything.

There will have to be a change of heart to bring about the change of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back