Article: "Catholic moral theology has important role as pandemic causes ethical dilemmas."

• Thread starter Thread starter mdgspencer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This from the article:

‘It would not be ethical to triage a person out simply on the basis of their age, disability, sex, etc’.

If you had a young woman and an old woman both needing help to survive and it was available only to one of them, all other things being equall, who do you sacrifice?

I agree with the article. There is a great difference between purposely killing someone and allowing a person to die peacefully with dignity. Ethical decisions are always difficult, but in a situation with a lot of constraints, they have to be made.

I agree with the article. There is a great difference between purposely killing someone and allowing a person to die peacefully with dignity. Ethical decisions are always difficult, but in a situation with a lot of constraints, they have to be made.
If you’re saying what I think you’re saying then I agree with you. All other things being equal, we should allow the old woman to die with dignity and save the young girl.

We must have compassion for those who will be thrown into poverty where Governors’ state lockdowns of businesses continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back