"Ask a priest: should I stop subsidizing my cohabitating daughter?“

• Thread starter Thread starter mdgspencer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think if you are old enough to move out of your parent’s house and make decisions about things like cohabitation, you should be paying your own bills and not expecting your parent to “subsidize” you.

Apologists Michelle Arnold and Fr Serpa, at Catholic Answers, have also answered similar questions:

What are a Catholic landlord’s duties regarding cohabiting couples?
40.png
What are a Catholic landlord's duties regarding cohabiting couples? Ask an Apologist
We have a small apartment within our house (it has its own kitchen and bathroom, but not its own entrance). We often have people staying there, single people or families who are trying to get on their feet. We don’t charge them rent, though they pay for utilities if they can. So our situation is somewhere between that of landlords and that of hosts. In such a situation, is it our moral responsibility not to accept unmarried couples? Does it matter if the situation is something of an emergency—f…
Can a Catholic help cohabiting couples move?
40.png
Should I help my sister move in with her boyfriend? Ask an Apologist
I have been asked to help my sister and her daughter move in with her boyfriend this weekend. We already have a strained relationship and I am one of the only positive influences in her life, so I don’t want to cause a bigger rift, but I am worried that helping her move could be cooperating in evil. Our dad is the one who asked me and he is helping too, but he is not in good physical shape and I don’t want him to do more than he should. Would helping my sister move be cooperating in her sin of …
Can my daughter sleep with her boyfriend at my house?
40.png
Can my daughter sleep with her boyfriend at my house? Ask an Apologist
My wife is graduating from college in several weeks and has invited my eldest daughter (21 years old) and her live-in boyfriend to the graduation ceremony. My daughter goes to school about a 4 hour drive from where we live. My daughter, who is currently not a practicing Catholic, has asked my wife if it’s OK for her and her boyfriend to sleep together in one of the bedrooms at our house when they come. As a father and practicing Catholic, is it OK for me to give my consent to this arrangement…
Should I take care of my sister’s children while she dates?
40.png
Should I take care of my sister's children while she dates? Ask an Apologist
My sister has been divorced for four years but has yet to seek an annulment. She is seeing a man whose divorce will not be final for another month or so. This man is not Catholic. I have watched her children when she has gone out with this man on several occasions. Have I sinned? Should I watch her children in the future while she sees this man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back