P
philippaul
Guest
My wife and I were baptized and confirmed as Catholics.
She married what I perceive to be a non-Christian in a non-Catholic wedding. They had two daughters (now they are 12 and 16).
I married a Baptist lady. She and I had a son (he is now 11).
It was morally wrong for us to do it but both of us divorced about 5 years ago. Her husband was an alcoholic and my wife was an adulteress. I say this without judging because all of us have committed the sins of addiction and lust. I have forgiven my ex-wife. Of course we did not know each other before this.
My current wife and I have married in the last year. Our families are combined. I have decided in the last six months to go back to attending Mass and consider coming back to the Church. As a result, I am working on getting an annulment – supposedly this won’t be difficult. Neither prior marriage was a proper Catholic marriage and honestly, they weren’t fully sacremental even from a Protestant standpoint.
My current wife like I said was baptized Catholic – I see her as that even though she considers herself agnostic/new age. She is willing to have our marriage con-validated. The Priest at my church says this is possible. I am willing to raise my son Catholic. He enjoys going to Mass. Her daughters though I am wondering… am I obligated to push them to be baptized in the Catholic church? While they will attend a Protestant charismatic church occasionally, they are not baptized. Would love to hear anyone’s thoughts on this situation. I am willing to do anything that I have to do to please the Lord. I know it doesn’t save me but I do know my obedience to Him is more important than anything else in this world. God bless you all!
She married what I perceive to be a non-Christian in a non-Catholic wedding. They had two daughters (now they are 12 and 16).
I married a Baptist lady. She and I had a son (he is now 11).
It was morally wrong for us to do it but both of us divorced about 5 years ago. Her husband was an alcoholic and my wife was an adulteress. I say this without judging because all of us have committed the sins of addiction and lust. I have forgiven my ex-wife. Of course we did not know each other before this.
My current wife and I have married in the last year. Our families are combined. I have decided in the last six months to go back to attending Mass and consider coming back to the Church. As a result, I am working on getting an annulment – supposedly this won’t be difficult. Neither prior marriage was a proper Catholic marriage and honestly, they weren’t fully sacremental even from a Protestant standpoint.
My current wife like I said was baptized Catholic – I see her as that even though she considers herself agnostic/new age. She is willing to have our marriage con-validated. The Priest at my church says this is possible. I am willing to raise my son Catholic. He enjoys going to Mass. Her daughters though I am wondering… am I obligated to push them to be baptized in the Catholic church? While they will attend a Protestant charismatic church occasionally, they are not baptized. Would love to hear anyone’s thoughts on this situation. I am willing to do anything that I have to do to please the Lord. I know it doesn’t save me but I do know my obedience to Him is more important than anything else in this world. God bless you all!