F
fakename
Guest
At what rate (monthly, weekly, etc.) are we obligated to contribute to the Church?
This is a matter of personal discernment. The Church has no requirements establishd for either amount or frequency.At what rate (monthly, weekly, etc.) are we obligated to contribute to the Church?
Three words: electronic funds transferBTW I’m an usher, and I think the Church needs to come out with a more definitive statement about giving. I live in a fairly afflent area and it’s almost unbelievable how many folks settle for dropping a dollar in the collection basket.
I don’t want to judge anyone but in an area where incomes are well into the six digits, one buck is just too ridiculous, even if it is every week or even every day.
That’s how I do my donations and the folks sitting by me and the ushers probably think I don’t give anything either. But, shockingly enough it’s not any of their business.Three words: electronic funds transfer
You don’t know if those nice folks dropping in a dollar have given by check or EFT separately, and they just don’t want to let the basket pass by with nothing.
I would agree with that BUT I’ve been ushering for at least 15 years well before EFT and it really was not that great, long before EFT came into play. Our parish also has EFT (that I also use) and you can get coupons that you drop in the basket (I don’t bother with the coupons)…Three words: electronic funds transfer
You don’t know if those nice folks dropping in a dollar have given by check or EFT separately, and they just don’t want to let the basket pass by with nothing.
Which kind of defeats the paper-saving purpose of EFT so that other people don’t judge you for not putting something in that basket…I would agree with that BUT I’ve been ushering for at least 15 years well before EFT and it really was not that great, long before EFT came into play. Our parish also has EFT (that I also use) and you can get coupons that you drop in the basket (I don’t bother with the coupons)…