C
comebacktome
Guest
Recently there was a thread about authors for young people (I think it was directed at teens) and what books anyone here might recommend.
Someone listed Michael O’Brien. I bought a handful of his books, and I wanted to give a heads up to any other parent out there who may have done the same. There is a scene in “Sophia House” in which the main character is molested by a great uncle. It was graphic enough to give me the creeps, and certainly not something I would want my child reading.
I may have mis-understood the poster who listed O’Brien as good/appropriate.
In any case, I do understand that O’Brien is a faithful Catholic, and perhaps there is a reason for such a conflict in this book; I haven’t finished it yet, but needless to say, my son will not read his material until I’ve read it first.
I do wish there were more/better material for our children.
Someone listed Michael O’Brien. I bought a handful of his books, and I wanted to give a heads up to any other parent out there who may have done the same. There is a scene in “Sophia House” in which the main character is molested by a great uncle. It was graphic enough to give me the creeps, and certainly not something I would want my child reading.
I may have mis-understood the poster who listed O’Brien as good/appropriate.
In any case, I do understand that O’Brien is a faithful Catholic, and perhaps there is a reason for such a conflict in this book; I haven’t finished it yet, but needless to say, my son will not read his material until I’ve read it first.
I do wish there were more/better material for our children.