Autosexuality? Sin?

• Thread starter Thread starter catholicteenlearning
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

catholicteenlearning

I am embarrassed to ask this, but I really need answers. I’ve noticed that I am attracted to my body. I’m not narcissistic, but I view my body lustfully. I’m not worshipping my body, but I guess this is pride? I don’t know how to put this into words, so help me out if you can. Every time I look at my body in the mirror, I get “turned on.” Keep in mind, I’m a teen who is learning more about my faith and is struggling a whole lot with sin, lust, and temptation…also, is this a grave sin? should I go to confession?

The way is wide that leads to destruction, the way is narrow that leads to life.

The good news about this is we don’t have to obsess over the thousand different ways we can stray off the one mark, trying to avoid them each one by one. Rather, we can focus on the mark itself. Focus on attaining the one positive good, not just avoiding ten, twenty, two thousand different wrongs.

In this case, the mark we’re aiming for is chastity.

I’d suggest reviewing a source like this one, to fill your mind and heart with the positive good of understanding what chastity is. Then no matter where you’re starting from, you know which way to walk.

Last edited:
Please speak with a parent, priest or other trusted adult. You are a minor and this is an issue you shouldn’t be asking complete strangers on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back