Awkward female saint?

• Thread starter Thread starter houston1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

houston1

Can anyone give me a name of a female saint who was considered awkward or otherwise goofy by her peers and who wasn’t very articulate?

Thanks! 🙂

Hi Houston,

The first saint that came to mind was St. Therese of Lisieux, the Little Flower, and Doctor of the Church!
In addition to these dramatic traumas, Therese suffered some of the more common pains of childhood. She felt that her formidable uncle, Isidore Gu6rin, thought her awkward and not too bright. She found it difficult to make friends at school and soon learned how fragile and one-sided friendships can be. In any case, she always felt somewhat out of things because the games her classmates played bored her. In fact, her discomfort at school became so great that her father withdrew her and had her tutored privately.
see among many other sources on the net this findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3885/is_200001/ai_n8880936 from which the above quote is taken.

PLEASE note, that I didn’t read the whole article, nor can I vouch for it. If you are interested in learning more about St. Therese, you should pick up a copy of her autobiography, Story of a Soul

I will second St. Therese. READ STORY OF A SOUL! This book changed my life forever! Therese was thought to be very simple. How wonderful!

There is another young St. who for the life of me I can not think of her name. But she was simple and disfigured but LOVED the Lord with all her life. She was also made fun of by family and towns people.

Another Simple Saint was ST. Bernadette. Always ill and struggled in school, her biography is a must read as well!

St Margaret of Costello. She was hunchbacked, & a dwarf. Her family were ashamed of her, & locked her away. I think that her body is one that is incorruptible, too.

Kind of amazing…There is another one I can’t remember. I know St Margaret, because I have run across her story in prolife material, as being the kind of baby that we might see end up being aborted today, but she was a great, great saint who inspired so many people.

40.png
cheddarsox:
St Christina the Astonishing.

catholic-forum.com/saints/saint80.htm

cheddar
😃 Yep! One of my favorite Saint’s of strange behavior. What a life she lead. 👍

Your tag doesn’t work. It is missing the small c80.htm

Try this one:

Saint Christina

I was going to mention St Margaret Costello, also St. Bernadette who was considered slow, awkward and clumsy, if not downright retarded. She was held back from receiving first communion with her class because of difficulty learning the catechism questions and prayers.

St. Christina is my confirmation saint.

There were several listed, but I can’t remember the full name of the one I chose although St. C The astonishing was up there on my list.

The St. Christina I chose might actually be only a legend, but I’m not sure. She was very much persecuted for her faith, but everything they did to her only made her stronger. They cut her eyes out but she could see more clearly than before. They cut her tongue out but it only made her speak more eloquently.

There were different versions to her ultimate death…one is that they tried to drown her but she was rescued by St. Michael, and I think the other was that she was burned to death.

There was more to the story but I don’t remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back