F
forever_always
Guest
Hello! My fiance and I are looking to get married at the end of this year/ early next year. I was looking into what we need to schedule the wedding ceremony, and it looks like we both need baptismal certificates?
I am Catholic and have been my entire life, so I have all of my documents. However, Jon was raised Southern Baptist. When he joined the USAF 4 years ago, he moved and he stopped going to services. When we started dating, he started going to Mass every week with me. He wants to become Catholic, and plans to start RCIA in the Fall. Anyway, he DOESN’T have a certificate saying that he was baptized in the baptist church, yet he was.
Does anyone know how we go about requesting proof? Do baptists not give their members a baptismal certificate? Do we even need the proof to get married in the Catholic Church? I am having trouble finding concrete information on the topic…
Thanks so much in advance!
Sarah
I am Catholic and have been my entire life, so I have all of my documents. However, Jon was raised Southern Baptist. When he joined the USAF 4 years ago, he moved and he stopped going to services. When we started dating, he started going to Mass every week with me. He wants to become Catholic, and plans to start RCIA in the Fall. Anyway, he DOESN’T have a certificate saying that he was baptized in the baptist church, yet he was.
Does anyone know how we go about requesting proof? Do baptists not give their members a baptismal certificate? Do we even need the proof to get married in the Catholic Church? I am having trouble finding concrete information on the topic…
Thanks so much in advance!
Sarah