Baronius Press Missal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kfinks
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kfinks

Guest
I managed to find an inexpensive 2004 edition of the Baronius Press Missal (1962). I am not Catholic so please forgive my ignorance of how to use it. It is not a “user friendly” as the other missal I found from Midwest Theological Forum (at least for me).

In the Baronius Press missal, I can find Sundays and propers of the Saints, but I don’t see any weekdays (as in the MTF). Are they not included?

Note: I picked up the BP missal because I can get to the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament on Saturday mornings, and they sometimes will have Tridentine mass.
 
Except for the weekdays in Lent and a few other times, the Extraordinary Form does NOT have propers for ordinary week days (Tuesday after the Fifth Sunday of Ordinary Time, for example).

The Mass on these days is usually of the saint of the day. If there is none, the previous Sunday’s mass may be repeated, or the Priest may choose a Votive Mass or Mass for the Departed in the EF.
 
Except for the weekdays in Lent and a few other times, the Extraordinary Form does NOT have propers for ordinary week days (Tuesday after the Fifth Sunday of Ordinary Time, for example).

The Mass on these days is usually of the saint of the day. If there is none, the previous Sunday’s mass may be repeated, or the Priest may choose a Votive Mass or Mass for the Departed in the EF.
Correct. And on Saturday when there is no saint of the day, the Mass of the Blessed Virgin Mary on Saturday is often used.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top