Beautiful experience today (Divine Mercy Sunday)

  • Thread starter Thread starter anon98328916
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anon98328916

Guest
I have a devotion to the Divine Mercy since being introduced to it by someone a few years ago. I had an overwhelming experience at mass today after receiving Holy Communion and returning to my seat I started to feel overwhelmed and felt like crying, I felt I had to stop myself from crying as people would have noticed. Is this common?
 
I have had that happen a few times. And yes, people do stare… but unless they have been touched by the Holy Spirit then they just don’t understand.

The first time it happend to me was while I was a going through classes to be baptised and confirmed. I had always been drawn to Catholisim but never felt welcome. My fiancee was my shepherd, he lead me to Jesus and I can never repay him.
As I was visiting his family I went to his Church for the first time and he said I could go up and recieve the blessing.
It was like my soul was filled to overflowing with love, I knew from that moment I would never be alone, For one moment I got a glimpse of the overwhealming love God has for us all. It was one of the most wonderful moment of my life. I cried like a baby and still do when I think about it.

The second time was the Good Friday before my Baptism. We were in Kentucky at the church I was to be Baptised in.
Father said as we come up to kiss the relic of the true cross to reflect on what Jesus endured for us. Okay, I walk up, kneel, kiss the cross… and as I am walking away I get these waves of feeling, Not smpathy, by empathy… I was feeling in waves what Jesus felt that day, shame, the scorn, the emarassment, the pain, the suffering, the loyalty, the submission, the overwhealming love and willingness to die for us all so we can live.
Yet again, here I am bawling like a baby with people looking at me like “What is she crying for?”. And I am looking around thinking… “WHY isn’t anyone else crying? Don’t they truely realise what he went through for us all?”

Never be ashamed of being touched and crying during a mass OR during prayer. They are wonderful gifts and when our heart is moved it could very well be God’s way of touching you gently to whisper “I am here child… I never left you.”

Sorry for running on so long…
Blessed Be,
~Honey
 
I have a devotion to the Divine Mercy since being introduced to it by someone a few years ago. I had an overwhelming experience at mass today after receiving Holy Communion and returning to my seat I started to feel overwhelmed and felt like crying, I felt I had to stop myself from crying as people would have noticed. Is this common?
Your were moved by the Holy Spirit. God bless you.
 
I entered in search…Crying on Divine Mercy Sunday.

It brought up this thread from last year, but was just what I needed to hear.!

I too had the experience on this Divine Mercy Sunday ( 2015) of crying during Mass.
It reached almost sobbing. Before Mass, while praying, I began to feel such sorrow for sins I have committed- though I know I am forgiven- Jesus never lets us see our sins in such a way and leave us. He felt so close!

and then for the sins of the world.

I felt overwhelmed seeing ( in my heart) all the persecutions and atrocities going on at this time and I felt such deep sorrow for how God, who loves us more than we can grasp, is offended. And just desires we turn to Him, love Him with everything.

So it went during Mass. I was consoled when I received the Blessed Body of Jesus…it was as though He embraced me and let me know He heard my prayers of Divine Mercy.

The sweetness of sorrow shared with my Savior and my God.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top