Becoming catholic

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rock7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rock7

Guest
I’m not sure if this the right thread, but here goes, I am genuinely seeking a church that God wishes me to be. Having read other threads on this particular board has heightened that desire. I come from a family of southern baptists , my grandparents Methodist(united) and Assemblies of God-pentecostal. I have researched the Catholic Church and feel as though I am lead to it. I know it will not be easy becoming catholic, my mother and grandmother being of the pentecostal tradition condemn Catholics I know my grandmother as much as she loves me would never accept this nor would my mother. ****My question is simply this- becoming catholic in a somewhat anti-catholic deep Protestant atmosphere how do I do it?I ****feel as though God is leading to me to a more authentic and pure church. Please pray for me!
 
Dear Rock.
I’m sure saint Paul the evangelist understood how hard it is to convert.
He was so involved with persecution of Christians and with their arrest and imprisonment, and even stood by as Stephen the first Christian martyr was stoned to death.
When his family, friends and the Jewish leaders found that one of their important ant-Christian activists had turned Christian! How distressing for them all, and so awkward for him with friends and family, yet he responded to Jesus’ call and converted.

No it is a huge challenge for your family and friends, and I can only pray Jesus will help with with many graces as you respond to His call to the Catholic Church.

May Jesus walk with you, and the Holy Spirit guide you.
kind wishes,
Trish
 
I’m not sure if this the right thread, but here goes, I am genuinely seeking a church that God wishes me to be. Having read other threads on this particular board has heightened that desire. I come from a family of southern baptists , my grandparents Methodist(united) and Assemblies of God-pentecostal. I have researched the Catholic Church and feel as though I am lead to it. I know it will not be easy becoming catholic, my mother and grandmother being of the pentecostal tradition condemn Catholics I know my grandmother as much as she loves me would never accept this nor would my mother. ****My question is simply this- becoming catholic in a somewhat anti-catholic deep Protestant atmosphere how do I do it?I ****feel as though God is leading to me to a more authentic and pure church. Please pray for me!
If God is leading you then trust Him that this is what you are suppose to do, even in the face of adversity. I don’t know your situation. Do you live with your mother? Are you out on your own? Yes, it can be difficult but grace isn’t cheap. God will help both you and your mother and grandmother.

Before you do anything, however, go to a Catholic parish and enroll on RCIA. There are absolutely no commitments and no strings. You would begin in the inquiry stage where you will get a lot of your questions answered and then you can make a decision as to whether or not to continue.

Bless you on your journey and welcome to CAF.
 
I’m not sure if this the right thread, but here goes, I am genuinely seeking a church that God wishes me to be. Having read other threads on this particular board has heightened that desire. I come from a family of southern baptists , my grandparents Methodist(united) and Assemblies of God-pentecostal. I have researched the Catholic Church and feel as though I am lead to it. I know it will not be easy becoming catholic, my mother and grandmother being of the pentecostal tradition condemn Catholics I know my grandmother as much as she loves me would never accept this nor would my mother. ****My question is simply this- becoming catholic in a somewhat anti-catholic deep Protestant atmosphere how do I do it?I ****feel as though God is leading to me to a more authentic and pure church. Please pray for me!
Pray much. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you the right words and the ability to calmly respond to their questions and not be offended if they show distaste for your choice.

May our Lord Jesus Christ and His holy Mother be with you on your faith journey!
 
I’m not sure if this the right thread, but here goes, I am genuinely seeking a church that God wishes me to be. Having read other threads on this particular board has heightened that desire. I come from a family of southern baptists , my grandparents Methodist(united) and Assemblies of God-pentecostal. I have researched the Catholic Church and feel as though I am lead to it. I know it will not be easy becoming catholic, my mother and grandmother being of the pentecostal tradition condemn Catholics I know my grandmother as much as she loves me would never accept this nor would my mother. ****My question is simply this- becoming catholic in a somewhat anti-catholic deep Protestant atmosphere how do I do it?I ****feel as though God is leading to me to a more authentic and pure church. Please pray for me!
Just do it. God will make the way. The process for becoming a Catholic is slow and gradual, so there will be lots of time for them to get used to the idea. They may even become Catholic with you, if you share your journey of conversion with them in a joyful way. 🙂
 
My mistake I’ve never used a forum before. Yes I genuinely feel led to His Holy Roman Church. My father’s side might be more understanding but as a youth, I am genuinely tired of the irreverent mess that is advertised every Sunday. I hope that one day I will find a church that will fit me and I will fit and that is why I fill called to Catholicism.
 
My mistake I’ve never used a forum before. Yes I genuinely feel led to His Holy Roman Church. My father’s side might be more understanding but as a youth, I am genuinely tired of the irreverent mess that is advertised every Sunday. I hope that one day I will find a church that will fit me and I will fit and that is why I fill called to Catholicism.
We do need more solders to fight this! 👍
 
I will be on my own in a few years.

I’m happy someone shares my distaste for the compromising, mind-numbing mess contemporary evangelicalism is!
 
I’m not sure if this the right thread, but here goes, I am genuinely seeking a church that God wishes me to be. Having read other threads on this particular board has heightened that desire. I come from a family of southern baptists , my grandparents Methodist(united) and Assemblies of God-pentecostal. I have researched the Catholic Church and feel as though I am lead to it. I know it will not be easy becoming catholic, my mother and grandmother being of the pentecostal tradition condemn Catholics I know my grandmother as much as she loves me would never accept this nor would my mother. ****My question is simply this- becoming catholic in a somewhat anti-catholic deep Protestant atmosphere how do I do it?I ****feel as though God is leading to me to a more authentic and pure church. Please pray for me!
I’m praying for you. All I can say is have faith to follow the path God is leading down while being sensitive to family considerations. It’s challenging, but keep praying and He’ll help you manage the situation. I left the Mormon church with parents that believe the Catholic Church is the source of all evil. It took some time but The Lord has helped in my journey and I have no regrets. God bless!
 
Hi,
Baptists and Pentecostals have always terrified me. I always considered them to be steeped in hatred, yet in the years before my Catholic conversion, I found members of both groups who turned out to be wonderful people.

I asked God to let me know every step of the way, if conversion to the Catholic Church was the right thing to do. He did, and here I am.

Merry Christmas,
esieffe
 
I’m not sure if this the right thread, but here goes, I am genuinely seeking a church that God wishes me to be. Having read other threads on this particular board has heightened that desire. I come from a family of southern baptists , my grandparents Methodist(united) and Assemblies of God-pentecostal. I have researched the Catholic Church and feel as though I am lead to it. I know it will not be easy becoming catholic, my mother and grandmother being of the pentecostal tradition condemn Catholics I know my grandmother as much as she loves me would never accept this nor would my mother. ****My question is simply this- becoming catholic in a somewhat anti-catholic deep Protestant atmosphere how do I do it?I ****feel as though God is leading to me to a more authentic and pure church. Please pray for me!
Read this:

chnetwork.org/2012/02/a-protestant-historian-discovers-the-catholic-church-conversion-story-of-a-david-anders-ph-d/
 
👍 Luke 21:[14] Settle it therefore in your minds, not to meditate beforehand how to answer; [15] for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict.
 
It can be tough, but it is worth it. Be joyful and respectful of you parents and grandparents. Be the Christian example that gives them a chance to change their minds about the Catholic faith. Read St Peter’s first letter where he talks about a loving Christian wife winning her husband to the faith byher good example.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top