Benediction

• Thread starter Thread starter Joanne_ca
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joanne_ca

I already posted this question but it seems to been lost in cyber space somewhere so I’ll post it again here.
It came to mind that I hadn’t noticed any Benediction services at my church recently. As a matter of fact, I know they don’t have any. Did this service go out with Vatican ll?

Thanks

Joanne,

I read your post before I went to lunch and really looked forward to reading all of the responses when I got back. Not a one! Benediction is not stranger to my parish. In fact we offer a day of Eucharistic Adoration every month which closes with Benediction. I’m aware of a goodly number of parishes in the Diocese of Rockford, Illinois that offer this profound faith experience on a regular or semi-regular basis. I hope you’re lucky enought to find a parish close by that does the same.

If you want benediction in your area, ask your priest to set it up for you. It may have to been done initially as a special thing, but if it is shown to be popular could become regularly scheduled. You may have to ask a few priests to find one who will set it up for you. You can also call the diocesian office about it as well.

I enjoy Benediction myself.

Thanks guys for your comments. The pastor at my church is new and he is also very young so maybe he felt there wasn’t enough demand for it, but I"ll talk to him. I’ve started going to traditional mass and I know they say it there, but I don’t even see anyone posting about it , so I wondered if it was still practiced. I’ve always loved Benediction, so I’ll have it one way or another.

God bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back