Benefits of Saying the Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris_Jacobsen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris_Jacobsen

The Rosary can help us to overcome our problems and achieve our goals in life. Here is a list of some of the benefits we will receive by saying the Rosary.

"The Rosary recited with meditation on the mysteries brings about the following marvelous results:
  1. it gradually gives us a perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ;
  2. it purifies our souls, washing away sin;
  3. it gives us victory over all our enemies;
  4. it makes it easy for us to practice virtue;
  5. it sets us on fire with love of our Blessed Lord;
  6. it enriches us with graces and merits;
  7. it supplies us with what is needed to pay all our debts to God and to our fellow men, and finally, it obtains all kinds of graces for us from Almighty God." St. Louis de Montfort, The Secret of the Rosary p. 65

It has been found that praying the rosary lowers blood pressure. A test was actually run to prove this. So it helps physically as well as spiritually.

God bless,
Deacon Tony SFO

Chris Jacobsen:
The Rosary can help us to overcome our problems and achieve our goals in life. Here is a list of some of the benefits we will receive by saying the Rosary.

"The Rosary recited with meditation on the mysteries brings about the following marvelous results:
  1. it gradually gives us a perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ;
  2. it purifies our souls, washing away sin;
  3. it gives us victory over all our enemies;
  4. it makes it easy for us to practice virtue;
  5. it sets us on fire with love of our Blessed Lord;
  6. it enriches us with graces and merits;
  7. it supplies us with what is needed to pay all our debts to God and to our fellow men, and finally, it obtains all kinds of graces for us from Almighty God." St. Louis de Montfort, The Secret of the Rosary p. 65
I pray several Rosaries a day…used to have trouble even saying one at one period of my life but since I’ve started…all I can say is AMEN to what you have posted.
Bless you for reminding me… especially…
  1. it sets us on fire with love of our Blessed Lord;
Annunciata:)

My problem with praying the Rosary is that I don’t understand the mysteries, really, and I don’t know them off the top of my head. I also don’t have the Apostle’s Creed memorized. So since it requires work on my part - to get a book or pamphlet that has all the prayers, find the Apostle’s Creed, etc, I tend not to do it. 😦

Whenever I have prayed the Rosary, I just do the Our Fathers, Glory Be’s, and Hail Marys. I do like to pray those prayers, though.

40.png
Sola:
My problem with praying the Rosary is that I don’t understand the mysteries, really, and I don’t know them off the top of my head. I also don’t have the Apostle’s Creed memorized. So since it requires work on my part - to get a book or pamphlet that has all the prayers, find the Apostle’s Creed, etc, I tend not to do it. 😦

Whenever I have prayed the Rosary, I just do the Our Fathers, Glory Be’s, and Hail Marys. I do like to pray those prayers, though.
This is a start…it’s where I started. then I was lead to meditate on the mysteries…I watch EWTN and Boston Catholic TV where the Rosary is recited several times a day…that can be helpful in getting you used to it by praying along with them. There are also CDs available and pamphlets that you could pick up at any religious store and I’m sure some places here on-line…probably right here at CA ( my brain isn’t in gear just now…can’t think) Sooo I guess what I’m saying… you are on the right track! God Bless, Annunciata:)

40.png
Annunciata:
This is a start…it’s where I started. then I was lead to meditate on the mysteries…I watch EWTN and Boston Catholic TV where the Rosary is recited several times a day…that can be helpful in getting you used to it by praying along with them. There are also CDs available and pamphlets that you could pick up at any religious store and I’m sure some places here on-line…probably right here at CA ( my brain isn’t in gear just now…can’t think) Sooo I guess what I’m saying… you are on the right track! God Bless, Annunciata:)
I’m sure that is one of many benefits of having EWTN. Our cable company doesn’t carry it, but we do have a Catholic radio station that broadcasts the Rosary.

Thanks for the encouragement, Annunciata!

There are small beautiful booklets with the prayers and mysteries. Some cost as little as .25 cents.

May God bless those, who have true devotion to his mother. If Mary is not our mother, then Jesus is not our brother!

Deacon Tony SFO

Sola posted: “My problem with praying the Rosary is that I don’t understand the mysteries”

This is my problem too. When i pray the Rosary, I try to meditate on the Mysteries, but somehow can never really truly 'enter the mysteries". Can anyone give some advice as to how ot do this??

P.S. I’ve tried to imagine myself next to Jesus and Mary when I think of the myserties, but I just end up feeling awkward and ‘phoney’.

(smile) God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back