Best Pope of the last 100 years

• Thread starter Thread starter starrs0
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
starrs0:
Who was the best Pope of the 20th Century?
I would say maybe Pius XII.

I voted for Pope John Paul II. Maybe I am more biased toward him because I have seen so much good that he has done for the world and the church in his years as our Pope.🙂

With due regard to John Paul II and Pius XII, I voted for Paul VI. To him we owe Humanae Vitae, and the Church proclaiming her counter-cultural message to a world that hoped the Church would turn from it.

you omitted john paul 1—the pope of the smile–he died after 33 days but he still should have been included in your poll

The reason I left Pope John Paul I off the list is I could only have 7 poll options and since he had such a short Pontificate (anyone else wonder how history may have differed if he had lived longer?) I omitted him wish I could have put him in though.

I vote for John Paul II, I saw him three times and loved him I was to young to really know the others. Some day I will have to read about them.

40.png
Chris7:
I vote for John Paul II, I saw him three times and loved him I was to young to really know the others. Some day I will have to read about them.
I voted for JP2. You are so lucky to have seen him. Did you see him in the US or somewhere else?

40.png
Chris7:
Of course, younger people tend to know more about Pope John Paul II simply because he is the current Pope and I do too as well. I’ve seen him myself during the World Youth Day in Manila in ’ 95 during that historic gathering that drew more than four million people. However, regarding this question, it would be good if we likewise read about and study the achievements and writings of the six previous Popes including the actual historical circumstances they were in, in order to get a better perspective.

Gerry 🙂

John Paul II

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Pius XII geater than John XXIII? Are you kidding? You just made Hitler very happy.

40.png
hermit:
Pius XII geater than John XXIII? Are you kidding? You just made Hitler very happy.
Such a sarcastic remark is highly inappropriate in this thread, because we are merely talking about people’s personal views about who they think is the best Pope, and not who you think is the worst.

Gerry 🙂

40.png
malta:
I think you should have included Leo XIII.
Maybe he wasn’t included because his pontificate covered only the first three years of the 20th century, although he held the Chair of Peter for the last 22 years of the 19th. Perhaps if the poll was about who is the best Pope of the 19th century, he would probably be in the top two[along with Pius IX].

Gerry 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back