Bible Bingo

• Thread starter Thread starter axolotl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

axolotl

My nine year old came home from PSR last night telling me she learned about “Bible bingo”. Here’s how it works.
  1. You have a problem
  2. You pray about it
  3. You open your Bible at random
  4. Read the first passage your eye gravitates to.
  5. Usually, that’s your answer.
There’s something about this that makes me . . .uneasy. Any opinions/insights into this practice?

What if the devil bumps your elbow and you open at the wrong page? :eek:

40.png
axolotl:
My nine year old came home from PSR last night telling me she learned about “Bible bingo”. Here’s how it works.
  1. You have a problem
  2. You pray about it
  3. You open your Bible at random
  4. Read the first passage your eye gravitates to.
  5. Usually, that’s your answer.
There’s something about this that makes me . . .uneasy. Any opinions/insights into this practice?
What is PSR? We used to call this Methodist Roulette. We also called it superstitious.

40.png
mercygate:
What is PSR? We used to call this Methodist Roulette. We also called it superstitious.
Parish School of Religion. What used to be called CCD. My daughter’s catechist is in 12th grade. She says they do this in Youth Group.:confused:

40.png
axolotl:
Parish School of Religion. What used to be called CCD. My daughter’s catechist is in 12th grade. She says they do this in Youth Group.:confused:
Wrong icon. Should be :banghead:

Isn’t this also called “Bible cutting”…I think it’s a Protestant term… At any rate…this is not right thinking for anyone, let alone a child!

I remember Fr. Corapi saying that all of Scripture can be reduced to just one word…Jesus.

He also said that he could open the bible to ANY page and preach on that passage for days… because all of scripture is connected, and his “material” is always the whole of Scripture.

As for the Bingo approach… sounds like the old 8-Ball toy… ask any question… get an “inspired” answer.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_15_9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back