C
Cashue
Guest
Cashue and Bmagana,
**You wrote: ** Bmagana: I … noticed [that] it * was a “Gideons New Testament” book. Realizing this was a Protestant Bible, I got upset and I threw it in the trash. Was I wrong for trashing the book? Did I commited a sin?
Cashue*: No you did the right thing but you really should have spat on it and turned three times. Then you should have burned it and called a priest to bless you home just in case your home was possed because of the devils that could have entered your home through it.
You didn’t sin but you should do the above and then go to confession.
Cashue, surely you jest! (Your words, however, sound more ironic than prescriptive!) I know how disappointing it is to take a Gideons Bible or New Testament in hand, then to discover that it is not the venerable and trustworthy Authorised (“King James”) Version (A.V.), which the Gideons so long had been giving away, but rather one of the other versions that Gideons, more and more and for a long time now, has been distributing! Usually these Gideons Scriptures, for the last some decades, are the New American Standard Version (hopelessly sectarian in its bias) or, occasionally, the New Berkely Version. For the Gideons to have been trumpeting these two versions at the expense of the A.V. was a foolish decision, though the N.A.S.B. and N.B.V. translations are not so unreliable as to set on a level with the (fortunately flammable!) New World Translation of the J.W.s.
Still, however, trashing that N.T. seems excessive. Bmagana, you could have left it on a ledge in a public bathroom or on a shelf at the supermarket.
Pax, Jerry Parker
No I am not.
No approved “bibles” are the work of the devil. What should a true christian do if they had something of the devil in their home? Only the bibles approved by the church are free of corruption and should be read, all others can open us to demonic influences. They are filth and must be disposed of and avoided at all costs.
