Bible Translations?

  • Thread starter Thread starter The_Catholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The_Catholic

Guest
What are some word-for-word Bible translations besides the Douay Rhiems?
 
What are some word-for-word Bible translations besides the Douay Rhiems?
The most common Catholic translation is the New American Bible (NAB), but others say there are errors in that version. (I don’t know what those errors are…)

The New Catholic version RSV is another one, but one of the best, I think, is the New Jerusalem Bible. But now know that this is a British version, so you have to get used to such words spelled, such as “colour.” 🙂

I think there is a Catholic version NIV, but I have not seen it, but I also understand that the ultimate best is the Navare (SP?) Bible, which comes out in several booklets since it is filled with copious apologetics side notes, I understand.

Thqt is the one I am interested in… 👍

God bless,

PAX

Bill+†+

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
For he has looked upon his handmaid’s lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages
call me blessed.
(Luke 1:46-48)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top