Biblical Archeology

  • Thread starter Thread starter Apollos
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Apollos

Guest
Where can I find websites that pull together what is currently known about Biblical archeology and associated historical evidences?

Something in the form of a commentary would be most helpful, for example you look up Matthew 27 and there would be a footnote on Pontius Pilate explaining that in 1961, Italian archeologist Antonio Frova found an inscription mentioning “PONTIUS PILATUS PRAEFECTUS IUDAEAE” in Caesarea in northwestern Israel, complete with a photo of it. Something like that.
 
Where can I find websites that pull together what is currently known about Biblical archeology and associated historical evidences?

Something in the form of a commentary would be most helpful, for example you look up Matthew 27 and there would be a footnote on Pontius Pilate explaining that in 1961, Italian archeologist Antonio Frova found an inscription mentioning “PONTIUS PILATUS PRAEFECTUS IUDAEAE” in Caesarea in northwestern Israel, complete with a photo of it. Something like that.
Well, I know of a handful of sites on Biblical archaeology, which may or may not be what you’re looking for:
Unfortunately, I’m not aware of any site that presents things in a commentary-like sort of way. 😦 The wikipedia article on Biblical archaeology does list (most of) the sites and artifacts that have been discovered though (see also here: List of artifacts significant to the Bible).

For the record, the inscription goes like:

…s Tiberieum
…tius Pilatus
…ectus Iuda…e
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top