Big Leather Bound RSV Bible

  • Thread starter Thread starter derekohachey
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derekohachey

Guest
Hello there,

I am looking for a big leather bound bible that (preferably RSV 2nd edition), that has big pages, a good commentary and big empty margins for markups and personal comments… The biggest bibles I can find online are 9.5x 6.5.

Thanks & God Bless,
Derek
 
Check out the RSVCEs published by St. Benedict’s Press. They are beautiful. There is one defect - the current ones have no cross references and only the original notes. This problem is being resolved now, however, at least according to rumor. Supposedly, in the Fall, a new RSVCE will be published by St. Benedict’s Press which will have commentary from Catholic Scripture Study International.

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=469453
 
Hello there,

I am looking for a big leather bound bible that (preferably RSV 2nd edition), that has big pages, a good commentary and big empty margins for markups and personal comments… The biggest bibles I can find online are 9.5x 6.5.

Thanks & God Bless,
Derek
I can point you to a big one with large print, Derek, but it’s 1st edition and margins are marginal. Nominal commentary. Oxford University Press search AMAZON for ISBN 0-19-528872-8. It ain’t bad but it weighs 43 pounds and the pages are so thin they are hard to turn. The only publisher of RSV2CE (to my knowlege) is Ignatius Press. You can get a big RSV with Apocrypha (as it’s titled) from “New Oxford Annotated” but it won’t have catholic notes or commentary.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top