Blessed Rosary?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eruvande
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eruvande

Guest
I used to have two rosaries that were blessed when a Catholic friend of mine had them blessed at her church. But sadly, they have broken through much use. I have a new one that I purchased, but my Catholic friend is no longer practising and has refused to help me get it blessed. I pray the rosary daily and I’m wondering if it’s not the done thing to pray with an unblessed rosary?
 
I used to have two rosaries that were blessed when a Catholic friend of mine had them blessed at her church. But sadly, they have broken through much use. I have a new one that I purchased, but my Catholic friend is no longer practising and has refused to help me get it blessed. I pray the rosary daily and I’m wondering if it’s not the done thing to pray with an unblessed rosary?
As far as getting your rosary blessed, you can ask a priest to bless it yourself. I hope this from EWTN will help you. But it is best if it is blessed. ewtn.com/vexperts/showmessage.asp?number=573943&Pg=&Pgnu=&recnu= And I believe that the broken blessed ones are not to be thrown away, you bury them returning them to the Earth.
catholicherald.com/stories/Disposal-of-religious-items,26265
 
thank you for the advice 🙂 I shan’t be disposing of the broken rosaries, as they have sentimental value to me, but it’s good to know what to do with them if I didn’t keep them. 🙂
 
They are not hard to repair, by the way.

If you send them to me. I’ll fix them for free…oh, i I see that you are in the U.K…😛
 
If you like, a jeweler can easily fix them for a small fee.
 
I am so happy to hear that you pray the Rosary. Please persevere in this devotion.

Some may disagree, but I know for a fact that, if a broken Rosary is repaired, it will need to be blessed again. If the continuity of the beads is broken, the blessing is lost. As others have said, you should not have any problem getting a Priest to bless your Rosaries. Ask permission to take some Holy Water from the font home with you as well. Bring your own container, of course.

Having a blessed Rosary in contact with your skin in some manner brings significant graces, as does holding a wooden Crucifix.``I have read that some of the most famous Saints slept with a Rosary in one hand, and a Crucifix in the other. I learned this after I had been doing it myself for some time.

God bless you.
 
I am so happy to hear that you pray the Rosary. Please persevere in this devotion.

Some may disagree, but I know for a fact that, if a broken Rosary is repaired, it will need to be blessed again. If the continuity of the beads is broken, the blessing is lost. As others have said, you should not have any problem getting a Priest to bless your Rosaries. Ask permission to take some Holy Water from the font home with you as well. Bring your own container, of course.

Having a blessed Rosary in contact with your skin in some manner brings significant graces, as does holding a wooden Crucifix.``I have read that some of the most famous Saints slept with a Rosary in one hand, and a Crucifix in the other. I learned this after I had been doing it myself for some time.

God bless you.
It would only need to be re-blessed if it were broken deliberately as an act of malice towards God or Our Lady.

Accidental breakage ? Not the same case at all.
 
It would only need to be re-blessed if it were broken deliberately as an act of malice towards God or Our Lady.

Accidental breakage ? Not the same case at all.
I am under spiritual attack. I speak from experience.
 
Thanks for all the advice. I got my rosary out of the packaging today and it felt like an old friend already. I shall try and get it blessed the next time my husband lets me go to church, though it will take some courage to speak to the priest with more than a simple thank you which has been what I’ve said before now!!
 
Thanks for all the advice. I got my rosary out of the packaging today and it felt like an old friend already. I shall try and get it blessed the next time my husband lets me go to church, though it will take some courage to speak to the priest with more than a simple thank you which has been what I’ve said before now!!
Be not afraid, the priest will be pleased to bless it for you!
 
I used to have two rosaries that were blessed when a Catholic friend of mine had them blessed at her church. But sadly, they have broken through much use. I have a new one that I purchased, but my Catholic friend is no longer practising and has refused to help me get it blessed. I pray the rosary daily and I’m wondering if it’s not the done thing to pray with an unblessed rosary?
I pray with an unblessed rosary all the time. And there are many times I don’t use the rosary at all to pray the rosary, I just use my fingers to count, or use an unblessed rosary ring. The rosary itself is a prayer, the rosary beads are a tool to help say the rosary prayer.

I am not against having the rosary blessed, but if you have other blessed objects on you, then I don’t see the particular need to have a blessed rosary too.

May the God of hope fill you with every joy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top