Blessed William Joseph Chaminade

  • Thread starter Thread starter CyrilSebastian
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CyrilSebastian

Guest
On September 3, 2000, Pope John Paul II beatified William Joseph Chaminade, the founder of the Marianists.
Ordained to the priesthood in 1785 with a doctorate in theology, William returned to the minor seminary of Saint Charles in Mussidan, France, run by his brothers, Jean-Baptiste and Louis.
There, devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, specially honored under the title of the Immaculate Conception, held central importance.

I like the fact that devotion to Mary was important.
However, the devotion should not stay in the past.
Devotion to Mary now in the present and in the future is especially important.
What do you think?
 
I went to a marianist high school 1999-2003 and unfortunately I never knew or heard that William was beatified. It was an excellent school but they had a long way to go theologically and evangelically. I do love our Lady though. Now I’m happily reminded to invoke Chaminade.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top