Blessings and Rules of the Rosary

• Thread starter Thread starter Mila
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mila

I am not yet a Catholic yet have been praying the Rosary daily for months. Indeed, my devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary is one of the two things that truly cinched my choice in Christian denomination. (This and the openness to science.) Praying the Rosary gives me a greater sense of peace and enlightenment than anything else has in my entire life. Period.

However, I have been seeing that Rosaries are in First Communion sets. This leads me to wonder whether one needs to be Catholic before praying the Rosary; is it disrespectful for me to do so without?

I have been ascribing my newfound peace and love of my fellow man to my daily meditations. Every time I rise from my knees afterward, I feel this peace more deeply than before! I feel I understand the world better! I used to be argumentative and brash but now when I behold that which used to make me seethe, I feel no anger nor pain but a sincere hope that one day that it will change.

If I should not be praying the Rosary, to what should I ascribe my exaltation for truly it is something not of this world! If it permissible for me to do so, are these lovely symptoms common of Rosary mediations?

Dear friend

I think it is wonderful you are praying the Most Holy Rosary and growing in love of our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary!

You may pray the Rosary any time you like. The Rosary is a gift given for many reasons and First Holy Communion is one of them, Marriage, Confirmation etc are others, if someone is sick or just a gift in friendship. So don’t be put off by that.

May Our Blessed Virgin Mother pray for you and through her Christ Jesus Bless you and those you love

Teresa

My Priest gave me a booklet on how to pray the rosary and I am not yet a Catholic. If it was wrong I’d doubt he would encourage me to pray the rosary.

…I promise to assist at the moment of death, with all the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months shall confess, receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the rosary, and keep me company for fifteen minutes while meditating on the mysteries of the rosary, with the intention of making Reparations to Me.

Nossa Senhora de Fatima
(Our Lady of Fatima)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back