Book Entitled, "Why Is Mary Crying?"

  • Thread starter Thread starter maesoph
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maesoph

Guest
Well, I am sure you can guess the nature of the book just from the title, but has anyone out there actually read it? Does it introduce anything new or anything credible against the Marian dogmas?

Also, is there a Catholic book written in response to this? I could think of one - it would be called, “Why Is Jesus Crying?” and there’s ample material to fill it.
 
It’s a re-hash of the same old, same old, that anti-Catholics have been spinning since forever.
The dumbest thing about it, is that it says both that (1) Mary can’t hear anyone praying anyway, becasue she’s dead, & (2) that she is crying because she hears people praying to her…
Ummmmm…I don’t know; I can never figure out what motivates people to come up with this kind of mindlessness, & :nope: never see the contradictions in their thinking…

Of course, it:rolleyes: is Jack Chick again…
 
Well, I am sure you can guess the nature of the book just from the title, but has anyone out there actually read it? Does it introduce anything new or anything credible against the Marian dogmas?

1. Yes, with much amusement​

  1. No - it’s intellectually worthless. It would give an Assyriologist (Assyriology is the discipline devoted to the study of ancient Assyria & Babylonia) a heart-attack - & that would be a shame, because the more Assyrologists there are, the better 🙂 ##
Also, is there a Catholic book written in response to this? I could think of one - it would be called, “Why Is Jesus Crying?” and there’s ample material to fill it.

Not to my knowledge. There is a bit of info on the subject in the CA Tracts section - the drawback is that though they are still OK in outline, they are a bit old; but they are still worth reading even so. Chick’s information on Babylon is 140 years old, & most of it was fantasy even 140 years ago - it still is. I’d ignore it, as it deserves.​

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top