Book of prayers?

• Thread starter Thread starter Madia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the one I use:

Handbook of Prayers
shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-B0134.html?L+scstore+kcck4705ff725f72+1134846348

It has all the traditional prayers with the Latin versions on the facing page. It also has the Order of Mass and selections from the Divine Office. It also has great sections on practical Christian living and the teachings of the Church.

If you can find it, they have a beautiful bonded leather edition with gilded edges and woodcut-type pictures. VERY nice.

40.png
Fidelis:
This is the one I use:

Handbook of Prayers
shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-B0134.html?L+scstore+kcck4705ff725f72+1134846348

It has all the traditional prayers with the Latin versions on the facing page. It also has the Order of Mass and selections from the Divine Office. It also has great sections on practical Christian living and the teachings of the Church.

If you can find it, they have a beautiful bonded leather edition with gilded edges and woodcut-type pictures. VERY nice.
I use the same and I highly recommend it.

my all time favorite is Fr. Hardon’s prayerbook, “Catholic Prayer book with Meditations” . It may be the same book described above, as it has the Latin on the lefthand page, and English on the right. I call it “the last prayerbook you will ever need”. With the prayers, novenas, meditations, scripture quotes, and readings you could do very well in every situation with this book. I got mine as a gift, but I believe most of Fr. Hardon’s books are distributed through Intermirifica, they have a website.

for a confirmation candidate or college student, or someone just learning the habit of prayer, Appointment with God by Fr. Michael Scanlon, and the Franciscan university prayerbook are excellent, as is Peter Kreefts Prayer Primer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back