Book of Psalms

  • Thread starter Thread starter GEN273
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GEN273

Guest
I just bought a commentary of the book of PSALMS written by Robert Alter. Does anyone know if this interpretation is in line with catholic teaching?

-Thanks
 
I just bought a commentary of the book of PSALMS written by Robert Alter. Does anyone know if this interpretation is in line with catholic teaching?

-Thanks
If its Father Robert Altier, it is VERY MUCH in line with Catholic Teaching. I’ve got a study of his on MP3 files that covers the Catechism very well and very thorough. You will like his explanations.

Oops. I just saw that it is not Fr. Robert Altier that you are asking about (I thought it was a typo). I’m not familiar with Robert Alter or his works.

Sorry.
 
Robert Alter is a well-versed Jewish scholar. He’s very well learned in Ancient Hebrew Literature, and can provide much insight into its literary analysis (ie what it meant for the audience at the time).

I highly suggest him as a scholarly author.
I just bought a commentary of the book of PSALMS written by Robert Alter. Does anyone know if this interpretation is in line with catholic teaching?

-Thanks
 
Ok thank you. I have read some things about him on the internet and was wondering what catholics thought of him.

-Thanks again
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top