L
ljubim
Guest
So I feel very strongly that I need to get my father a book from our local Catholic bookstore for Christmas. Any advice?
Here’s what he’s like… cradle Catholic who’s recently been having faith troubles, and has stopped going to mass (went after much coaxing when I sang recently). But the other night after dinner I was reading from our advent book and he kept shoveling food in his mouth and never looking up, sort of like a little kid who doesn’t want to listen, and at the end I put a lot of emphasis on the part about conversion and trusting in God, and then after my mom and sister and I talked about it, re-emphasizing those points, and he sort of stormed off saying he’s worried about our sanity and minds. BTW he’s also not much of a reader, so it would have to be interesting.
I saw so many books, one about coming home to the Church, one about deliverance, one about marriage… I’m lost
Any suggestions?
Here’s what he’s like… cradle Catholic who’s recently been having faith troubles, and has stopped going to mass (went after much coaxing when I sang recently). But the other night after dinner I was reading from our advent book and he kept shoveling food in his mouth and never looking up, sort of like a little kid who doesn’t want to listen, and at the end I put a lot of emphasis on the part about conversion and trusting in God, and then after my mom and sister and I talked about it, re-emphasizing those points, and he sort of stormed off saying he’s worried about our sanity and minds. BTW he’s also not much of a reader, so it would have to be interesting.
I saw so many books, one about coming home to the Church, one about deliverance, one about marriage… I’m lost