Bring Children To Non Catholic Wedding

  • Thread starter Thread starter Catholic_Guy1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catholic_Guy1

Guest
My Mom is living with a man. She is civilly divorced from my Dad but no annulment. She and her soon to be husband are non practicing Catholics that attend church occasionally. My wife and I plan on attending. The rub is my Mom wants my children ages 2-13 to attend as well. I asked a preist and he said that it would be up to us and to think of charity. My wife is not keen on the idea of having the kids go due to the circumstances. Any advice is appreciated, ty!
 
Looks like this is a matter for you and your wife to decide. The priest says o.k. My own perspective is that it’s o.k.
 
Your Mom’s wedding is not a suitable occasion to display your disapproval of her actions. The priest is right. Be charitable. Go, and take your wife and family with you.
 
I doubt a two year old child would even remember attending this wedding, and I trust that you’re able to explain your misgivings to your thirteen year old. And you should of course take them with you. Your mom’s wedding is not an appropriate occasion to be making a statement of this sort.
 
Your mom and new step-dad are going to be married after the wedding, too. Will your wife forbid the children from visiting their grand-parents because of this?

My thought is to go and pray for them. We win more souls to our faith with kindness and charity than with moral policing.
 
I don’t see how you could have an objection to not bringing them. It’s not logically sound with what you presented.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top