Brown Scapular Devotion

• Thread starter Thread starter dumspirospero
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dumspirospero

I have read various sources that all say various things about things you must do daily if you wear the Brown Scapular and want the spiritual graces and indulgences attached to it. They are as follows:

Wear it constantly
observe chastity according to your state in life
pray the Rosary
Not eat flesh meat on Wednesdays and Saturdays
Pray the Little office of the BVM daily

These are just a few of the various daily requirements I have found at different sites…Which ones are truly daily requirements?

I have also read that you can substitute the Liturgy of the Hours in place of the Little Office…is that true?

I also heard that you don’t have to recite the Rosary daily…just say 7 Hail Mary’s??

All of this different info is very confusing and I want to make sure I am doing it right…any help is much appreciated.

John…you always help me out when I need some info…if I ever make it over to Australia, I am going to buy you a cold beer and nice dinner…take care and God Bless
John Russell Jr:
You can do those devotions if you like, but check out this link for good info-

ocd.pcn.net/scap_en.htm

40.png
dumspirospero:
John…you always help me out when I need some info…if I ever make it over to Australia, I am going to buy you a cold beer and nice dinner…take care and God Bless
If you come to Oz, I’d like a cold one.http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back